Sunday, August 21, 2011

Mix it Up with Mixbook Cards and Stationery



You don't need to ask me twice to host a party. I love entertaining and helping people celebrate a special day. I recently hosted a baby shower for one of my dear friends and wanted to create a special little invitation to set the mood. I found a great website, Mixbook, that let's you start with a blank card and create with the help of prompts and template ideas.

I scammed my friend into taking some pictures holding a sign that said, "Family". I told her I was documenting the pregnancy (since I'm always snapping pictures of people, she wasn't suspicious of my intentions :) I used that picture as the inspiration of the invitation -- and within no time I created something on Mixbook! I like to think of myself as a creative person (which I'm really not) and could use the website with ease. If you happen to have a creative flair, I think you'll really enjoy playing around. And if you're not -- no worries, they have tons of traditional invitation styles to chose from (for all occasions).

Website Review: Mixbook - Seems like you could do a lot on here, from photo books to invitations. I loved being able to upload a picture and create an invitation myself. I liked the price even better -- 25 cards cost only $18 and then I got 25% off. All in - the invites only cost $17.99. I will say the paper was light, but I certainly got a quality product for what I paid for (and I could have upgraded the paper for an additional charge).
★★★★☆
Product Review: I love the "start blank card option" and I love being able to upload my own image.
★★★★☆

No comments:

Post a Comment